Designed and handcrafted with Duelund tinned copper cables (12GA + 20GA), carefully fine-tuned to achieve highest sound quality and minimize signal transmission loss.
Audiolund AES/EBU Digital Cable ~ Xtreme Series
– Use 12GA + 20GA Duelund tinned copper wires in both the positive signal and negative signal
– Use various types and multiple layers of shielding materials for shielding to reduce noise and RFI/EMI interference
– With unique damping design, use various types of anti-vibration/damping materials to suppress vibration and isolation
– 1.0m standard length with other length options
– Built with aeco XLR plug option, Monosaudio Pure Copper Rhodium Plated XLR Plug
– Built with aeco XLR plug option, aeco XLR AMI -1060S Tellurium copper with Silver Plated
– Built with aeco XLR plug option, aeco XLR AMI -1060G Tellurium copper with Gold Plated
– Built with aeco XLR plug option, aeco XLR AMI -1060R Tellurium copper with Rhodium Plated
The AES/EBU Digital Cable, Xtreme Series have the same sound quality and characteristics of the Signature Series and the Reference Series. The Xtreme Series is further fine-tuned, improved the design with 12GA and 20GA wires/shielding/damping and built with aeco audiophile XLR plug, XLR AMI -1060S Tellurium copper with Silver Plated. It is an ultimate Audiolund design designed for audiophiles who believe in quality of connectors that could bring out the full potential of the Duelund cables. We do not use a precision measurement equipment to measure, however, the Xtreme Series AES/EBU Digital Cable is tested and verified on a few different high-end systems (Transport/DAC), with no signal error, perform better and comparably with other famous branded AES/EBU 110 ohm cables and thus, it is confirmed meeting the 110 ohm specification.
Audiolund Digital Cable AES/EBU Xtreme Series has a strong sound characteristic of Western Electric. The sound is natural, details and smooth with quiet background, and most importantly very musical. However, Duelund tinned copper cables are performed much better for back-end analogue cables, such as Interconnect, power cords and speakers/Jumper cables etc. On the digital front-end, Duelund cable (due to its tinned copper material) sounds slower than OCC Silver cable. OCC Silver will sound more organic, dynamics and clarity. Duelund cable will sound musicality, relax and natural, and this indirectly mean more laid back sound. General guideline for Audiophile is better to use Silver cable for digital front end, however, this is not always true. It is really depends on individual system setup and individual preferences. If you like to have full Duelund sounds, you could select this Xtreme Series SPDIF digital cable for your system. Duelund cables have a strong sound characteristic of Western Electric. it will be enhanced if you use more and more Duelund cables, Interconnect + Power cords + Speaker/Jumper cables + Digital cables + USB/Ethernet cables etc.