Designed and handcrafted with multiple combinations of Duelund tinned copper wires mixed with 5N OCC silver wires, carefully fine-tuned to achieve highest sound quality and minimize signal transmission loss.
Audiolund SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable ~ Xtreme Silver Series
– Use 1*12GA + 1*20GA Duelund tinned copper wires mixed 7 solid cores (24GA+26GA+28GA+29GA+29GA+32GA+32A) of 5N OCC pure silver wires as main core wire signal
– Use various types and multiple layers of shielding materials for shielding to reduce noise and RFI/EMI interference
– With unique damping design, use various types of anti-vibration/damping materials to suppress vibration and isolation
– 1.0m standard length with other length options
– Option: Furutech FP-3-117(R) Rhodium Plated BNC Plug
– Option: WBT-0152Cu Pure Copper RCA plug with nextgen™ technology
– Option: WBT-0152Ag Fine Silver RCA plug with nextgen™ technology
The SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable ~ Xtreme Silver Series uses 12GA of Duelund tinned copper wires mixed with 7 solid cores of 24GA to 32GA per signal path of 5N OCC silver wires. Xtreme Silver Series will have best of Xtreme series and True Silver Series, although the sound characteristics are not as distinct as the Xtreme series and True Silver series. Xtreme Silver series has the very comprehensive and almost perfect sound of the Xtreme series, with the sound characteristics of Western Electric. The sound is very natural and smooth with quiet background, and most importantly, it is very musical. Xtreme Silver series also has the sweet, delicate, powerful and fast dynamic sterling silver sound of the True Silver series.
We do not use a precision measurement equipment to measure, however, the Xtreme Silver Series SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable is tested and verified on a few different high-end systems (Transport/DAC), with no signal error, perform better and comparably with other famous branded SPDIF coaxial 75 ohm cables and thus, it is confirmed meeting the 75 ohm specification. The Xtreme Silver series SPDIF Coaxial Digital Cable is designed to have both the sound characteristics of WE and modern pure silver sound characteristic. It is a balance sound characteristic of WE and pure silver, thus could likely match well with most of the High-end system.
My Humble Comments: If you like both the WE sounds and the Pure Silver sounds; and if you can’t decide between the Xtreme Series and True Silver series, then the best choice will be the Xtreme Silver series.
Xtreme Silver series: using Xtreme Duelund series as primary base wires, add in OCC Silvers wires as secondarily to create an unique (DUELUND + Silver) sounds
Ultimate Silver series: using True Silver series as primary base wires, add in Duelund wires as secondarily to create an unique (SILVER + Duelund) sounds
A simple term for the selection of top 4 series:
- If you like vintage Duelund Western Electric sound, can select Xtreme series
- If you like modern 5N pure silver sound, can select True Silver series
- If you like Duelund Western Electric sound, but would like to add pure silver sound characteristic too, can select Xtreme Silver series
- If you like 5N pure silver sound, but would like to add Duelund vintage WE sound characteristic too, can select Ultimate Silver series
Cable Run-In: Audiolund cables are mostly multi-core design with various combinations of wires. Thus, all Audiolund cables will require long time to run-in. OCC Silver wires are thick solid core wires, will take even longer time to burn-in than Duelund tinned copper multi-strands of parallel thin core wires. The general guideline for run-in time, estimated 100 – 200 hours.