Western Electric Sounds with Duelund Tinned Copper cables
* Excellent Vintage Western Electric sounds, reproduced by Duelund Tinned Copper cables
Quoted: The WE sound is balanced, powerful and refined with quality bass from the lowest frequencies through the upper bass. The midrange above is a thing of beauty; dulcet tones, seductive vocals, instruments of all types dimensional and present, all heightening the participatory elements of music. Burnished and Beautifully Seductive
High frequencies are at once transparent, lovely, sweet, burnished and beautifully seductive. The air and space between performers are extraordinary, performers appear on a quiet and focused soundstage whose width and depth are masterfully rendered. You don’t have to search to find the sweet spot with a WE amplifier, it’s all around you.
WE is the most natural, elegant and emotive sound anywhere in the known universe.
Duelund Tinned Copper Cables: “.. extremely vivid tone color, superb dynamic response, melodic sophistication, harmonic complexity, live-like timbral complexity, spooky imaging presence, natural live-like level of resolution, generous portrayal of soundstage & soundspace, a presentation so breathtakingly musical, and with such high level of intensity of emotional engagement, ‘vintage tone’ cables, with its promise to become the heir apparent to the now extinct vintage Western Electric. »» Quoted from Positive-Feedback, Jeff day.
Audiolund cables are designed and handcrafted with multiple combinations of Duelund tinned copper cables (12GA/16GA/20GA). It aims to reproduce Western Electric’s sound using Duelund cables to achieve new benchmark of Performance/price ratio for high-end audiophile cables.
Pure Silver Sounds with 5N OCC Silver / Duelund Silver Foil cables
* Excellent Modern Pure Silver sounds, reproduced by 5N OCC Silver or Duelund Silver Foil cables
Audio Myths: “Silver” Wire sounds ‘bright’ is silver plated wire. Pure silver wires do not sound bright.
Good quality pure silver wire in its raw state sounds wonderfully transparent and lucid. Silver does not accentuate the treble but does appear to allow greater appreciation of recorded room acoustics and ambience. Contrary to a common believe, pure silver conductors have no noisy harsh top end nor are unpleasantly bright sounding.
Where does the “bright” reputation of silver come from?
Firstly, many so called silver cables are actually silver-plated copper and these invariably do have a brightening effect on the sound. It is this effect that is often blamed on the skin effect – where high frequencies travel on the outside of the cable (in this case the silver) and the low frequencies closer to the center (the copper).
Silver is a much more expensive material than copper and, in order to keep costs within reasonable limits, the cross-section area of silver audio cables is often compromised to such an extent that it results in a ‘light bass’ sound. Good silver cables, however, are fast, dynamic, and have no interruption throughout the extension of the audio spectrum, providing exceptional detail and instrument resolution.
Audiolund design uses 5N OCC silver cable to achieve high-fidelity pure silver modern sound. We use 7 different sizes of pure silver wire conductor: 15GA, 18GA, 24GA, 26GA, 28GA, 29GA and 32GA. Different types of silver solid core cables have different sound characteristics, including impurity levels. These elements have a significant impact on the sound. We only use very pure 99.999% (5N) OCC solid core silver cables. New versions included the Duelund Silver Foil V1 wires.
Audiolund Design Principles
Audiolund cables are handcrafted and designed with emphasis on 3 aspects:-
- Conductors/Materials – build and optimize with multiple combinations of Duelund cables (12GA/16GA/20GA) and 5N OCC Silver/Duelund Silver Foil cables to maximize sound quality.
- Shielding/Reduction – with multiple different types and layers of shielding material aiming to reduce electrical noise from affecting the signals, and to reduce electromagnetic radiation that may interfere with other devices (eg. electromagnetic interference EMI/RFI ).
- Vibration/Isolation – with multiple different type/layers of vibration control/damping material. The aim is to retain the original signal and to minimize signal transmission loss.
Audiolund cables sound very neutral and balance, retain original recorded sounds of Hi-Fi system fully.
Ranking for the Effects of Various Audio Cables (Disclaimer: For Personal References only)
- RCA Interconnect Cable, XLR Interconnect Cable
- Speaker Cable/Jumper, AC Power Cord
- I2S Cable, SPDIF Digital Cable, AES Balance Digital Cable
- Ethernet LAN Cable, USB Cable
- DC Power Cord, grounding wire etc.