Designed and handcrafted with multiple combinations of Duelund tinned copper wires mixed with 5N OCC silver wires, carefully fine-tuned to achieve highest sound quality and minimize signal transmission loss.
Audiolund Interconnect Cable, RCA ~ Xtreme Silver Series
– Use 1*12GA + 1*20GA Duelund tinned copper wires mixed with 5N OCC silver cables in both the positive signal and negative signal
– Use multiple various sizes (8 solid cores of 18GA+24GA+26GA+28GA+29GA+29GA+32GA+32A) of 5N OCC silver wires in both the positive signal and negative signal of multiple wire combinations
– A total of 4m x 12GA + 4m x 20GA Duelund tinned copper wires and 4m x 8 solid cores of 18GA to 32GA of 5N OCC silver wires are used for 1.0 meter pair
– Use various types and multiple layers of shielding materials for shielding to reduce noise and RFI/EMI interference
– With unique damping design, use various types of anti-vibration/damping materials to suppress vibration and isolation
– 1.0m standard length with other length options
– Option: RCA Plugs
RCA plug with gold plated sound slightly warmer and Rhodium plated sound better in highs. As for the Pure Silver RCA plug, it adds more air, seem sound more details to reach another category. Selection of a plug is a personal preference and is a skill of arts with personal taste. Selection should be varied with different audiophile system setup. Note that this observation is based on critical listening on a balance system setup. Although the differences are noticeable, but it is not as significant as compared to different series of cables/wires.
Interconnect Cable, RCA ~ Xtreme Silver Series uses 8 solid cores of 18GA to 32GA per signal path of 5N OCC silver wires mixed with 12GA/20GA of Duelund tinned copper wires. Xtreme Silver Series RCA will have best of Xtreme series and True Silver Series, although the sound characteristics are not as distinct as the Xtreme series and True Silver series. Xtreme Silver series has the very comprehensive and almost perfect sound of the Xtreme series, with the sound characteristics of Western Electric. The sound is very natural and smooth with quiet background, and most importantly, it is very musical. Xtreme Silver series also has the sweet, delicate, powerful and fast dynamic sterling silver sound of the True Silver series.
Xtreme Silver series RCA Interconnect Cable is designed to have both the sound characteristics of WE and modern pure silver sound characteristic. It is a balance sound characteristic of WE and pure silver, thus could likely match well with most of the High-end system.
My Humble Comments: If you like both the WE sounds and the Pure Silver sounds; and if you can’t decide between the Xtreme Series and True Silver series, then the best choice will be the Xtreme Silver series.
Xtreme Silver series: using Xtreme Duelund series as primary base wires, add in OCC Silvers wires as secondarily to create an unique (DUELUND + Silver) sounds
Ultimate Silver series: using True Silver series as primary base wires, add in Duelund wires as secondarily to create an unique (SILVER + Duelund) sounds
A simple term for the selection of top 4 series:
- If you like vintage Duelund Western Electric sound, can select Xtreme series
- If you like modern 5N pure silver sound, can select True Silver series
- If you like Duelund Western Electric sound, but would like to add pure silver sound characteristic too, can select Xtreme Silver series
- If you like 5N pure silver sound, but would like to add Duelund vintage WE sound characteristic too, can select Ultimate Silver series
Cable Run-In: Audiolund cables are mostly multi-core design with various combinations of wires. Thus, all Audiolund cables will require long time to run-in. OCC Silver wires are thick solid core wires, will take even longer time to burn-in than Duelund tinned copper multi-strands of parallel thin core wires. The general guideline for run-in time, estimated 100 – 200 hours.