Designed and handcrafted with multiple combinations of 5N OCC silver wire, carefully fine-tuned to achieve highest sound quality and minimize signal transmission loss.
Audiolund XLR Balance Interconnect Cable ~ True Silver Series
– Use 5N OCC silver cables made in Europe, specially selected and imported
– Use multiple various sizes (10 solid cores of 15GA+18GA+24GA+24GA+26GA+28GA+29GA+29GA+32GA+32A) of 5N OCC silver wires in both the positive signal and negative signal of multiple wire combinations
– A total of 4m x 10 various sizes of 5N OCC silver wires are used for 1.0 meter pair (Total 40 wires) + 2m x silver plated/copper wires for grounding
– Use various types and multiple layers of shielding materials for shielding to reduce noise and RFI/EMI interference
– With unique damping design, use various types of anti-vibration/damping materials to suppress vibration and isolation
– 1.0m standard length with other length options
– Upgrade XLR Plug: Furutech FP-601M(R) + FP-602F(R) Rhodium Plated
1) All OCC Silver wires version : 10 solid cores (15+18+24+24+26+28+29+29+32+32)GAs of 5N OCC silver wires
2) Duelund Silver Foil version : Duelund Silver Foil V1 + 8 solid cores (18+24+26+28+29+29+32+32)GA of 5N OCC silver wires
The option is to use 1) all OCC Silver wires or 2) to replace two 15GA+24GA of 5N OCC silver wires with one Duelund Silver foil V1, while still keeping other OCC silver wires.
With critical listening, if Duelund Silver foil added to the same cable series, the midrange seem to enhance and more apparent slightly, with slightly more focus and pleasant warmer vocals. On the other hand, all OCC silver wires series seem to have a slightly wider/depth soundstage. However, note that the difference is very minor and not really significant as the midrange and soundstage for both versions are considered equally good to me.
Both versions are classified as same Pure Silver Series becasue both versions using OCC Silver wires, and both versions sound equally good to me with similar and typical pure silver sound characteristics, very organic, fast & dynamics. The decision factor is only if you like slightly warmer midrange or prefer a slightly wider/depth soundstage.
Interconnect Cable, XLR ~ True Silver Series use Ten(10) solid cores of 15GA to 32GA per signal path of 5N OCC silver wires.
XLR plugs with Gold plated sound slightly warmer and Rhodium plated sound better for silky high. As for the Pure Silver XLR plug, it adds more air, seem sound more details to reach another category. Selection of a plug is a personal preference and is a skill of arts with personal taste, selection should be varied with different audiophile system setup. Note that this observation is based on critical listening on a balance system setup. Although the differences are noticeable, but it is not as significant as compared to different series of cables/wires.
The Interconnect XLR True Silver Series define new class for pure silver sound with a sweet, warmer, powerful, full body texture and fast dynamic sound. It is specially built with imported various size of 5N OCC silver wires and assembled with top audiophile grade RCA plugs. The Interconnect XLR Cable True Silver Series set a new standard for another category of the pure silver modern sound.
A simple term for the selection of top 4 series:
- If you like vintage Duelund Western Electric sound, can select Xtreme series
- If you like modern 5N pure silver sound, can select True Silver series
- If you like Duelund Western Electric sound, but would like to add pure silver sound characteristic too, can select Xtreme Silver series
- If you like 5N pure silver sound, but would like to add Duelund vintage WE sound characteristic too, can select Ultimate Silver series
My Humble Comments: Xtreme series has strong WE sound characteristic and its sound balance, natural and neutral. True Silver Series has a sweet, delicate, powerful and fast dynamics sound, a typical modern Silver sound. Personally, Duelund/WE Series is always my favorite where sound more relax, details and musical to me. True Silver Series has a stronger tone, warmer with richer full body texture sound. In short, a classic vintage WE sound for Xtreme series and a modern silver sound for True Silver Series. To me, both the sounds are on par and are equally good, it is really depending on your system setup and your preferences and tastes. In another aspect, if your Hi-Fi system is based on tube amplifications, most likely you will prefer the Xtreme series, otherwise maybe you will pick Silver Series with Solid State system. I like the best part of Xtreme series is the musicality of sound and the best part of True Silver Series is the full body organic and dynamic sound. Becasue of this reason, we created the mixture series of Xtreme Silver series and Ultra Silver series.
1) Default: White Strip with White Background 2) Silver Strip with White Background
Cable Run-In: Audiolund cables are mostly multi-core design with various combinations of wires. Thus, all Audiolund cables will require long time to run-in. OCC Silver wires are thick solid core wires, will take even longer time to burn-in than Duelund tinned copper multi-strands of parallel thin core wires. The general guideline for run-in time, estimated 100 – 200 hours.