Designed and handcrafted with multiple combinations of Duelund tinned copper cables (16GA/20GA), carefully fine-tuned to achieve highest sound quality and minimize signal transmission loss.
Audiolund XLR Balance Interconnect Cable ~ Xtreme Series
– Use 2*16GA + 2*20GA Duelund tinned copper wire in both the positive signal and negative signal of multiple wire combinations
– A total of 8m x 16GA + 8m x 20GA Duelund tinned copper wire are used for 1.0 meter pair + 2m x silver plated/copper wires for grounding
– Use various types and multiple layers of shielding materials for shielding to reduce noise and RFI/EMI interference
– With unique damping design, use various types of anti-vibration/damping materials to suppress vibration and isolation
– 1.0m standard length with other length options
– Upgrade XLR Plug: Furutech FP-601M(R) + FP-602F(R) Rhodium Plated
XLR plugs plated with Gold sound slightly warmer and the Silver plated sound slightly better for silky high, where Rhodium plated sound seems to be in the middle range of the Gold plated and Silver plated. Selection of a plug is a personal preference and is a skill of arts with personal taste, selection should be varied with different audiophile system setup. Note that this observation is based on critical listening on a balance system setup. Although the differences are noticeable, but it is not as significant as compared to different series of cables/wires. As for Viborg/Monosaudio/Furutech plugs, these are famous audiophile branded Rhodium plated plugs.
The Interconnect XLR cable Xtreme Series have the same sound quality and characteristics of the Signature Series and the Reference Series. The Xtreme Series is further fine-tuned, improved the design with additional wire/shielding/damping and built with branded XLR plugs. It is an ultimate Audiolund design designed for audiophiles who believe in quality of connectors that could bring out the full potential of the Duelund cables.
Audiolund XLR cable Xtreme series has a very comprehensive and almost perfect sound, with a very strong sound characteristic of Western Electric. The sound is very natural, details and smooth with quiet background, and most importantly very musical. We strongly believe that this cable can challenge any expensive and branded audiophile XLR cables.
A simple term for the selection of top 4 series:
- If you like vintage Duelund Western Electric sound, can select Xtreme series
- If you like modern 5N pure silver sound, can select True Silver series
- If you like Duelund Western Electric sound, but would like to add pure silver sound characteristic too, can select Xtreme Silver series
- If you like 5N pure silver sound, but would like to add Duelund vintage WE sound characteristic too, can select Ultimate Silver series
My Humble Comments: Xtreme series has strong WE sound characteristic and its sound balance, natural and neutral. True Silver Series has a sweet, delicate, powerful and fast dynamics sound, a typical modern Silver sound. Personally, Duelund/WE Series is always my favorite where sound more relax, details and musical to me. True Silver Series has a stronger tone, warmer with richer full body texture sound. In short, a classic vintage WE sound for Xtreme series and a modern silver sound for True Silver Series. To me, both the sounds are on par and are equally good, it is really depending on your system setup and your preferences and tastes. In another aspect, if your Hi-Fi system is based on tube amplifications, most likely you will prefer the Xtreme series, otherwise maybe you will pick Silver Series with Solid State system. I like the best part of Xtreme series is the musicality of sound and the best part of True Silver Series is the full body texture sound. Becasue of this reason, we created the mixture series of Xtreme Silver series and Ultimate Silver series.
Cable Run-In: Audiolund cables are mostly multi-core design with various combinations of wires. Thus, all Audiolund cables will require long time to run-in. OCC Silver wires are thick solid core wires, will take even longer time to burn-in than Duelund tinned copper multi-strands of parallel thin core wires. The general guideline for run-in time, estimated 100 – 200 hours.