Designed and handcrafted with multiple combinations of 5N OCC silver wires mixed with Duelund tinned copper wires, carefully fine-tuned to achieve highest sound quality.
Audiolund XLR Balance Interconnect Cable ~ Ultimate Silver Series
– Use multiple various sizes of solid cores of 1*15GA + 1*18GA + 7 solid cores (24GA+26GA+28GA+29GA+29GA+32GA+32GA) of 5N OCC silver wires in both the positive signal and negative signal of multiple wire combinations
– Use 1*16GA Duelund tinned copper wires mixed with 5N OCC silver cables in both the positive signal and negative signal
– A total of 4m x 9 solid cores of 15GA to 32GA of 5N OCC silver wires and 4m x 16GA Duelund tinned copper wires are used for 1.0 meter pair + 2m x silver plated/copper wires for grounding
– Use various types and multiple layers of shielding materials for shielding to reduce noise and RFI/EMI interference
– With unique damping design, use various types of anti-vibration/damping materials to suppress vibration and isolation
– 1.0m standard length with other length options
– Upgrade XLR Plug: Furutech FP-601M(R) + FP-602F(R) Rhodium Plated
2) Duelund Silver Foil version : Duelund Silver Foil V1 + 7 solid cores (24+26+28+29+29+32+32)GA of 5N OCC silver wires + 16GA of Duelund tinned copper wires
The option is to use 1) all OCC Silver wires or 2) to replace 15GA+18GA of 5N OCC silver wires with Duelund Silver foil V1, while still keeping other OCC silver wires and Duelund tinned copper wires.
With critical listening, if Duelund Silver foil added to the same cable series, the midrange seem to enhance and more apparent slightly, with slightly more focus and pleasant warmer vocals. On the other hand, all OCC silver wires series seem to have a slightly wider/depth soundstage. However, note that the difference is very minor and not really significant as the midrange and soundstage for both versions are considered equally good to me.
Both versions are classified as same series with Pure Silver wires (either OCC Silver or Duelund Silver foil) mixed with Duelund tinned copper wires. Both versions have similar sound characteristics and sound equally good to me with similar pure silver sounds mixed with Duelund Western Electric sound characteristics. The decision factor is only if you like slightly warmer midrange or prefer a slightly wider/depth soundstage.
XLR plugs plated with Gold sound slightly warmer and the Silver plated sound slightly better for silky high, where Rhodium plated sound seems to be in the middle range of the Gold plated and Silver plated. Selection of a plug is a personal preference and is a skill of arts with personal taste, selection should be varied with different audiophile system setup. Note that this observation is based on critical listening on a balance system setup. Although the differences are noticeable, but it is not as significant as compared to different series of cables/wires. As for Viborg/Monosaudio/Furutech plugs, these are famous audiophile branded Rhodium plated plugs.
Xtreme Silver series: using Xtreme Duelund series as primary base wires, add in OCC Silvers wires as secondarily to create an unique (DUELUND + Silver) sounds
Ultimate Silver series: using True Silver series as primary base wires, add in Duelund wires as secondarily to create an unique (SILVER + Duelund) sounds
Ultimate Silver Series will have the best of Xtreme series and True Silver Series with very comprehensive sound of the Xtreme series mixed with the sound characteristics of Western Electric. Similar to Xtreme Silver series, the sound is very natural and smooth with quiet background, and also very musical. It also has the sweet, delicate, powerful and fast dynamic silver sound of the True Silver series.
A simple term for the selection of top 4 series:
- If you like vintage Duelund Western Electric sound, can select Xtreme series
- If you like modern 5N pure silver sound, can select True Silver series
- If you like Duelund Western Electric sound, but would like to add pure silver sound characteristic too, can select Xtreme Silver series
- If you like 5N pure silver sound, but would like to add Duelund vintage WE sound characteristic too, can select Ultimate Silver series
Both the Ultimate Silver series and Xtreme Silver series, are designed to have both the sound characteristics of WE and modern pure silver sound characteristics. And, although we could notice the difference, both also have the sound characteristics of WE and pure silver. Therefore, both series could likely match well with most of the High-end system.
Humble Comments: If you like both the WE sounds and the Pure Silver sounds, confidently, you can select either Xtreme Silver series or Ultimate Silver series. The Ultimate Silver series has very strong modern pure silver sound characteristics, however, with added Duelund tinned copper cables, it adds the musicality of WE, sounds become relatively softer and smoother. It is highly recommended.
Additional Comments: Xtreme series has strong WE sound characteristic and its sound balance, natural and neutral. True Silver Series has a sweet, delicate, powerful and fast dynamics sound, a typical modern Silver sound. Personally, Duelund/WE Series is always my favorite where sound more relax, details and musical to me. True Silver Series has a stronger tone, slightly warmer with richer full body texture sound. In short, a classic vintage WE sound for Xtreme series and a modern silver sound for True Silver Series. To me, both the sounds are on par and are equally good, it is really depending on your preferences and tastes. In another aspect, if your Hi-Fi system is based on tube amplifications, most likely you will prefer the Xtreme series, otherwise maybe you will pick Silver Series with Solid State system. I like the best part of Xtreme series is the musicality of sound and the best part of True Silver Series is the full body organic sound. Becasue of this reason, we created the mixture series of Xtreme Silver series and Ultimate Silver series.
There are no reviews yet.